Two Thirds Beer Co. is an independent neighbourhood, craft beer bar, kitchen and bottle shop, located right in the heart of the wonderful Abbeydale Road district of Sheffield. Our huge glass frontage and outside terrace gazes over the bustling Abbeydale Road-Sheldon Road junction, the perfect place to relax and watch the world go by.
Opened by three unpretentious, beer-loving enthusiasts in late 2019, with a very simple focus; to create the perfect bar we’d always dreamt of; a bar with a nice atmosphere, for nice people, to enjoy nice drinks.
We are now seeking a capable and qualified Bar Manager/Duty Manager to join our growing business and fantastic team. The right candidate will be a driven leader who is instantly recognisable as a people person; always putting the customer first, whilst remaining a confident leader during busy, fast-paced shifts.
The ideal candidate will be a solid team-player, possess a strong knowledge of craft beer, and dedicated to providing the absolute best service possible that we pride ourselves on.
You will be joining a fast-paced and exciting environment, recently ranked the #1 Bar in Sheffield by Google Reviews, as well as an ambitious, independent business that has exciting plans for growth in the near future, providing the opportunity for further responsibility, increased remuneration, and overall career progression for the ideal and successful candidate.
Overview of the Role
The role of the Bar Manager/Duty Manager is to ensure the overall performance of the venue is maximised, whilst maintaining the outstanding customer experience that our visitors have now come to expect.
You will be expected to run busy shifts and lead your team in achieving all targets and expected standards across all areas of the day-to-day operation of the business.
You will play the instrumental role in organising the smooth running of all aspects of the bar; from taking orders, serving drinks, and building relationships with customers, to ordering stock, staff training, and handling social media responses. You will have an extensive knowledge of craft beer and you will proactively share this with other members of the team & customers.
You will be the key link between our growing team and the owners. Ensuring all our team are looked after, can rely on you, and look to you for instruction and support, whilst communicating all issues and successes to the owners.
The Bar Manager/Duty Manager will be confident in managing and developing the people, processes, product, productivity and profitability.
First and foremost, however, you must possess great people skills – it is important that you are capable and genuinely interested in speaking to a wide variety of visitors on a daily basis, allowing you to provide the best possible customer service, every single time.
We are looking for a natural leader who can lead by example, as well as instruct and delegate in the correct manner. You will be able to quickly problem solve, think on your feet, and multi-task efficiently. You must ultimately be pro-active, ensuring that no sales opportunities are missed and that our team is performing to the very best of its ability at all times.
Ideally you will possess…
- a great desire to provide the absolute best customer service (this is a must!)
- a love for craft beer (we don’t expect you to be knowledgeable of every single hop variety known to man, but a familiarity with different styles of beer and being confident in discussing these with our visitors is what we’re looking for!)
- some previous experience as a supervisor or manager, ideally in the hospitality industry
- experience working in a beer-y environment (knowledge of how a cellar works, how to change a keg etc)
- a good working knowledge of widely available IT and admin software, as well as social media and email platforms
- fantastic communication skills – we need you to be able to communicate effectively and assertively with both our visitors and our team
- great organisational skills, ensuring we are always setup and ready for a busy shift is crucial to our overall success
- a self-motivated and proactive personality, ensuring that we are always moving forward and working towards our shared goals, even during quieter periods
Role and responsibilities
- Leading shifts from the front – you will run shifts ensuring excellent front of house service, allocating and supporting staff throughout the shift to maintain speed of service and cleanliness of venue.
- Managing your team – Keep staff busy and productive at all times, ensuring all staff meet the standards of TTTBC, addressing and correcting bad practice where need be. You will also liaise with the on site kitchen, addressing any issues as you go.
- Staff Training – Where required you will help induct and train new and existing staff on all day to day processes to ensure the highest possible standards are consistently met. This will extend to helping teach other staff about breweries and beers they may be less familiar with by readily sharing your extensive craft beer knowledge.
- Business Improvements – Pre-empt and actively respond to problems that arise and keep management up to date, identifying any issues and areas of concern and presenting possible solutions.
- Key Holder – You will be a responsible, capable, and trusted key-holder who can open and close the venue securely, as well as handling cash and following cashing up procedures accurately.
- Stock Management – You will enjoy the responsibility for some of the stock management and ordering of stock and supplies to ensure the successful and smooth day to day running of the venue.
What we are offering you
- Starting salary range (dependent on applicant and experience) £18,000 – £23,000 + Bonus Scheme
- Bar manager role in a young, exciting and rapidly expanding business with huge potential for growth.
- The opportunity to learn about a variety duties and grow as individual as an instrumental part of a independent and inclusive company
- Free meals/drink on shift
- Staff discount scheme
- Pension Scheme
How to apply
Please send your CV and a short covering letter via email to email@example.com